Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery [BHMS]
BHMS Course: Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is a UG degree program that is developed to provide homeopathy-related study in India. The program is an entry-level course designed for those who wish to be homeopathic doctors in India. It is the “Ministry of Ayush” that governs this Program. The meaning of Ayush is “Ayurveda”.
BHMS is taught for a duration of five, and half years. Here, it includes a rotatory internship segment for the duration of one year. Students can only do internships once they managed to pass the BHMS UG degree program. Admission to the BHMS degree program can be taken after securing a valid rank in NEET as well as required marks in 12th with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as core Subjects.
The core subjects of the BHMS Program comprise the study of organon of medicine, psychology, anatomy, embryology, principles of homeopathy, etc. Elective subjects of the BHMS program include biochemistry, pathology, parasitology, homeopathic materia medica, and more. Apart from a one-year-long internship, the students are required to do a case research project, lab sessions, and classroom-based teaching.
The BHMS teaching Methodology includes is an integrated evolving process that comprises lectures, practical sessions, research papers, seminars, group discussions, and internships. The average tuition fee of the BHMS program in India is between INR 80,000 to INR 9,00,000. The average salary of the BHMS-based professional is between INR 2 to INR 12 LPA.
Some of the best options after the BHMS degree program include MSC Medical Anatomy, MSC Neuroscience, MSC Genetics, MBA Healthcare Management, MSC Food & Nutrition, Master of Public Health, and more. The mentioned courses will provide solidity to the educational background of students. Programs fees are detailed for such courses in the following section of this article.
A learner shall seek more information on the BHMS course, eligibility, admission options, fees, etc., in created sections of this article.
BHMS Course Highlights
|BHMS full form||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery|
|BHMS Course Admission||Entrance-Based (NEET)|
|BHMS Course Fee||Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 9,00,000|
|BHMS Course Salary||3-10 lakhs per annum (Approx)|
|Duration of BHMS Course||5 ½|
|Eligibility For BHMS Course||Physics, Chemistry, and Maths are required topics in 10+2 and account for 50% of the grade.|
|BHMS Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BHMS Course Programme||Semester|
Who Should Pursue BHMS?
Students who desire a career in nursing or support are especially encouraged to enroll in the BHMS programme. The purpose is to drain a condition by pulling on the self-healing powers of a person. Candidates with a strong sense of empathy, understanding, and good listening skills would be well suited for this career path.
- BHMS students must learn experience and understand analyses and scientific information.
- This curriculum is meant for students who want to rehabilitate or help others.
- This study course is appropriate for those who wish to become homeopathic doctors. The idea is to help a patient’s self-healing powers.
- This program is appropriate for students who are sensitive and empathic.
When to Pursue BHMS?
- Because homeopathy is practiced all over the globe, the possibilities are limitless. Pupils can even start practicing right away. All such advantages are beneficial when this course is taken at the right time.
- After completing the 10+2 degree, candidates get the right time when they are most eligible for pursuing this course.
- The ideal time when the students are suitable for enrolling in this course is at least 17 years. The final selection is based on the entrance exam.
What is BHMS?
The BHMS degree teaches both theoretical and practical abilities in homeopathy. Homoeopaths must believe in the body’s healing and recovery power and be multitaskers. After training, the student will be an expert. BHMS is ideal for students interested in homeopathic medicine and surgery. The course is organized into six semesters over five years.
BHMS is a four-tiered study program in homeopathy and surgery. Homeopathy is a branch of medicine that uses minerals, plants, animals, and synthetic chemicals to heal. This course takes four years to finish, and some colleges cover it in 5 years. One year of the program is for students to do internships.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery is a five-year undergraduate level degree that teaches homeopathic systems and medicines. It is required that interns at hospitals complete their internships within five years. The primary difference between homeopathic medicine and allopathy is its emphasis on the body’s natural healing processes.
In homeopathy, healing occurs from within the body (internally), not externally. It works by activating the body’s own healing mechanisms. Since medicines are diluted and made from natural ingredients, this system of medicine is gaining worldwide recognition. Many students around the globe make a career in this field through the private as well as government sectors.
BHMS Course Details
- To be eligible for BHMS admission, students must have at least a 50% overall result in intermediate.
- Entrance tests are one of the criteria for BHMS admission. PUCET, IPU CET, NEET, KEAM, etc.
- After this course, students can become Ayurvedic doctors. Ayurveda physicians make roughly INR 8 LPA in India.
- DY Patil Vidyapeetham, Goa University, Vinayaka Mission University, Yenepoya University, GGSIPU, etc.
- The BHMS price ranges from INR 12K to INR 30K. The BHMS course fee is around INR 1.5-2 LPA in private institutes.
- Overall, homeopathy is India’s third-largest healthcare service, helping a large population.
Why Study BHMS after the 12th?
- Homeopathy is based on “like treats like,” which means that everything harmful in huge volumes may be advantageous in minute doses. The highly diluted substances are used for enhancing the mechanism of self-healing.
- This is an important medical program and the oldest one, i.e., it has a history of 200 years. In the modern world, where advanced medical techniques have evolved, homeopathy has a high value.
- The approach to homeopathy is wide. It has become an important part of medical science applications worldwide. It provides the benefit of high salaries and social respect.